A lot of fashion and a bit of everything !

Friday, January 5, 2018

MY 2017 IN PHOTOS - A THROWBACK TO LAST AUTUMN



Here comes the last one of the " My 2017 in Photos " posts ! This time I tried not to get all philosophical and instead decided to write a little praise for this amazing time of year, but it didn´t quite work out so well.


While I always hate it when summer ends I also love it when the leaves change their colours and it gets colder. Not only because I can finally begin to wear cozy layering looks again... nope that is not the main reason ! Especially when I was a little kid the main reason I couldn´t wait for autumn to come around was because it meant my birthday was near. Back then waiting this one year was a painfully long period of time while now one year seems to fly by. Now it seems you blink and once you open your eyes again you are one year older. While I am still young enough to enjoy aging I often wish life would slow down and that I could press pause to simply live in the moment and enjoy all the opportunities life has to offer. 

We live in such a fast paced world - we are always doing a million things at a time and are always online ! The Millenials grew up as digital natives ( including me ). Don´t get me wrong being more or less a natural around most technological gadgets is great nevertheless it also has its downside. We are constantly connected, dependent on technology and often feel a social media induced fear of missing out. The weirdest thing about this is that when scrolling through apps like instagram we´re normally more passive than active. Yet if we don´t do it we are afraid to miss out on someones snapchat or instagram story. The thing our generation often does not realize at all is that because we spend so much time living our lives online we are already missing out on something far more important : our ( real ) lives !

So go out there ... ENJOY ... live in the moment and seize it !  And maybe try missing out on your online life from time to time - I promise it´ll be worth it !!!








SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Schöner Beitrag :) Ich liebe deinen Blognamen! xx Lea
    https://theordinarytwo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank ! Über solch ein positives feedback freue ich mich natürlich sehr <3

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig